Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a field of computer science that deals with the creation of intelligent machines that can perform tasks without human intervention. As the technology continues to advance, AI is becoming more prevalent in our daily lives, from our phones to our cars and even our homes. Despite the serious nature of AI’s role in modern society, there are some fascinating and fun facts about this rapidly evolving field. Here are 10 fun facts about AI that you might not know!
You may also read 7 steps to market your business on social media
- The first ever AI program was written in 1951 by Christopher Strachey. The program played checkers and is considered the first successful AI program.
- AI can be used to create art! There are AI-generated paintings, music, and even literature.
- Some robots can mimic human facial expressions and can recognize human emotions.
- The first AI chatbot was created in 1966 by Joseph Weizenbaum. It was called ELIZA and could mimic a psychotherapist.
- AI is used in self-driving cars to help them navigate and make decisions on the road.
- Google’s AI can identify the breed of a dog just by looking at a picture of it.
- In 2017, a Google AI called AlphaGo beat the world champion at the board game Go. It was a historic moment for AI.
- AI is used in the medical field to help diagnose diseases and create treatment plans.
- AI is used in the financial industry to help detect fraudulent transactions.
- The field of AI is constantly evolving and new breakthroughs are being made all the time.